It’s Saint Valentine’s Day and we all know that this holiday can cause many stains on a carpet such as chocolate and wine stains that later need to be removed. Here are a few tips for removing chocolate stains out of a carpet.
1) The most important thing you should remember when it comes to getting chocolate stains out of a carpet is to wait for the chocolate to completely dry before starting cleaning it.
2) Scrape as much of the chocolate as possible using a spoon.
3) To get the chocolate stain out of the carpet, prepare a carpet cleaning solution of 1 tablespoon of a mild liquid non-bleaching detergent and 1 cup of warm water.
4) Before applying the cleaning mixture on the stain, carpet cleaning London experts recommend that you test the solution on a hard-to-see spot of your carpet. If there is any sign of discolouring or damaging, ensure that you immediately rinse the area with cold water.
5) Once you’ve ensued that the carpet cleaning solution is completely harmless, apply a good amount of it on the chocolate stain.
6) To get the chocolate stain out of the carpet, blot with clean, dry cloth or paper towels. You’ll be able to see how the chocolate transfers from the carpet to the cloth.
7) To ensure that the stain is gone, carpet cleaning London experts suggest that you make a mixture of 1 teaspoon of ammonia and and half a cup of water.
8 ) Use a sponge to apply the ammonia solution to the chocolate stain. To finish the carpet cleaning procedure, blot the area with clean cloth. If it’s necessary repeat the steps until the stain is gone.
Have a nice Saint Valentine’s Day!
Tags: carpet cleaning, chocolate stains, stain removal