Do you know which is one of the most harmful substances in the household? This may surprise you… It is the battery acid. That’s why, you have to clean it up immediately to prevent carpet damage, stains and mostly – to prevent any health risks for you, your family or pets.
A while ago, I was a victim of a leaking battery and the first thing I’ve done was to call professional London cleaners. They gave me amazing advice, helped me to save my carpet and it remained almost undamaged! Next time I’ll be more careful when it comes to battery acid.
Here are the tips they gave me:
1. The longer the battery acid sits on the carpeting, the more difficult it will be to remove. So act quickly, put gloves on and start cleaning! Blot up the substance with a white towel and vacuum the remaining dry material.
2. Add two tablespoons of ammonia into a cup of water. Apply the solution on the stain using a terry towel.
3. If the stain is still there, add ½ tablespoon of dish washing detergent into a cup of warm water and press down with a moistened rug on the stain very gently.
4. Rinse with cold water and blot up the area until it is dry.
5. If after a few minutes, the stain turns brown, mix two parts lukewarm water and one part white vinegar and blot again only once.
Keep in mind that leaking batteries are really dangerous to keep around, so if you don’t want to threaten yourself or someone else or search for the services of professional cleaning London companies, be more careful!
Tags: battery acid, carpet, cleaning tips