A home occupied by mould can be extremely hazardous to your health and the health of your family, so once you notice any sign of mould growth on your wooden furniture, you should act fast and remove it, because it can easily spread around your home. Professional cleaners London recommend that you remove it following these simple cleaning tips:
1) Make a cleaning solution of 1 part mild detergent to 3 parts water into a bucket.
2) Damp a cloth into the mixture and wipe a small section of the affected wooden furniture. Wiping larger sections may cause the mould to spread on clean areas of the furniture.
3) Once you’ve wiped a small area of the wooden furniture with the damped cloth, wipe it again using another cloth soaked into plain water. Thus way you’ll rinse the furniture.
4) Moisture is the main reason mould appear, so make sure that you wipe the treated section of the wooden furniture with a clean, dry cloth. Then you can continue cleaning other parts of your piece of furniture.
5) If there is built-up wax on your furniture, use a special wooden furniture cleaner to remove it. It looks like a white greasy film on the surface.
6) To protect your wooden furniture and keep it look lovely, professionals advise you to ass a thin layer of wax paste on it.
7) Last, but not least, ensure that you leave your wooden furniture on direct sunlight, because sun eliminates mould.
The easiest way to keep mould away from your home and furniture is too keep them dry.