Everybody knows how difficult can be to keep your home sparkling and shiny all the time. With these simple step-by-step guidelines, you can maintain a spotless home in just 20 minutes a day. And the clean house is not the only thing you get! More time for you, your friends, and your family is another benefit of daily home maintenance.
Now, lets have a look at those life-changing tips…
A clean sink can make a huge impact on the overall look of the kitchen. Keep yours always empty and shining, and the rest will come by itself. What I mean is that when you have a sparkling sink, you are more likely to want to keep the rest of the kitchen clean as well. You will be motivated to load the dishwasher immediately and maintain countertops, stove tops, and refrigerator doors tidy.
To clean the kitchen you will need no more than 4 ½ minutes daily.
- Wipe down the sink after washing the dishes – 30 seconds.
- Clean the stove top – 1 minute.
- Wipe down the countertops – 1 minute.
- Vacuum, sweep, or mop the floor – 2 minutes.
Again, like in the kitchen, start with the sink. Cleaning the sink should turn into a routine for you as washing your hands. Once you’ve wiped down the basin, continue with the edges of the tub and the then the toilet.
Keeping your bathroom clean should take no more than 2 minutes per day.
- Wipe down the sink then the toilet seat and rim. You will need 30 seconds for the sink and 15 for the toilet.
- Scrub the toilet bowl with a brush – 15 seconds.
- Wipe down the faucet and mirror – 15 seconds.
- Use a squeegee to clean the shower door – 30 seconds.
- Treat the curtain liner and the whole shower with shower mist after every use – 15 seconds.
Make your bed immediately when you get off of it. Do that either before or after your morning shower. A tidy bed will act as a motivation for you to take care of other messes immediately. Although, plumping pillows and smoothing sheets might not seen like the most important thing early in the morning, rushing to work, you will appreciate it at the end of the day when you will be able to slip back under the bed covers right away.
Spare 6 ½ minutes per day for your bedroom.
- Make the bed – 2 minutes.
- Put away clothes and jewellery – 4 minutes.
- Put the night-table surface in order – 30 seconds.
Take care of the sofa, first. As long as it looks at its best, the entire room will look on top. Fluff the cushions and fold the throws. Once you’ve done that, your journey will be near its end. If you are listening to music while cleaning, you should be able to cover the entire room by the end of the third song.
Give yourself 7 minutes to clean the living room.
- Vacuum the sofa to collect crumbs and dust bunnies – 1 minute.
- Fluff the pillows and fold throws after use – 2 minutes.
- Wipe down the dining table surface and remove any fingerprints you see on the cabinets – 1 minute.
- Get rid of old newspapers, order magazines, and put away CDs and videos – 3 minutes.
Twenty minutes are not much but they can make house maintenance a lot easier. Don’t skip that opportunity! Spare those 20 minutes per day for cleaning, and enjoy an always sparkling home.
Tags: cleaning, home cleaning, home maintenance, tricks and tips