Each house should have a mudroom where its residents could leave their shoes when they come home. If your house doesn’t have such an area here are some tips with the aid of which you will be able to create the perfect setting.
– The floor of the mudroom should be made from a resilient and dark colored material. This way the it will be able to withstand everything that your shoes will throw at it. Most interior designers use rubber or stone floor tiles in mudrooms as both materials are extremely durable.
– Paint the walls of the mudroom in the same color as the other walls of your hallway. On the other hand if you wish to separate the mudroom from the hallway paint the walls in another color. This way the mudroom will stand out as a separate room.
– Place a bench or a couple in dependence of the size of your mudroom. This way you will have a comfortable seating where you will be able to take off or put your shoes on. Even more by placing benches which have storage compartments underneath you will be able to enhance the storage capacity of your mudroom.
– Next mount shelves and coat hooks where you could arrange several accessories like gloves, scarves, umbrellas and so on. You could pick them up just before you go out and thus save some time in preparation.
– End the process by placing some decorative items in the mudroom such as a coat tree, mirror or even a painting. Don’t overdo it let the setting of the room be simple and uncluttered.
Maintain your mudroom in good shape by cleaning it regularly. Also once or twice a year clean it with the aid of cleaning machines. You can get cleaning machines from the specialized cleaning hardware store in your area.