How To Handle The Post-flood Situation In Your Home
As it comes to cleaning you might get use of countless constructive tips and pieces of advice. For professional cleaning, households in Rainham can rely on various firms. But what about situations like floods? That brings the cleaning process on a whole new level. That is a situation no one wants to experience but for those who have the misfortune to be a part of it, we hope you will find the following information useful in handle the disaster.
The steps you can follow are:
1) You don’t know what there is in the water (it could be infected) so first thing you have to take care is your safety. Use gloves, face masks, safety glasses. Take regular brakes to wash your hands and face with soap.
2) Kill the power of your home.
3) Before you proceed with the cleaning be sure that there is no valid threat of second the reappearance of the accident.
4) Remove any soft furnishings – carpets, rugs, beddings and so on. In case there is still “life” in the carpets consider hiring professionals to clean them and restore their good appearance. For carpet cleaning in Rainham, residents can contact one of the cleaning teams operating in that area.
5) Wash with a brush and detergent all items you intend to keep then pack them in boxes and ask a friend to store them until you handle the flood. Decide what to keep from the heavy furnishings (you have to disassemble them and clean them thoroughly in case you are not throwing them away).
6) After you empty the property it is time to fix the inflicted damages- walls, floors, plumbing, wiring, roof if needed.
7) Here is where the heavy cleaning starts – moping and disinfecting floors, walls and all parts of the home that were in direct contact with the water.
8) After you finish with the repairs start setting up your home with your old and new possessions making it cozy once again.