How to Get Rid of Lipstick Stains
The right lipstick can make a women not only look pretty but feel pretty as well. Because of that, nowadays, it is hard to meet a women that doesn’t carry any lipstick – at least in her purse. Unfortunately, lipstick has a bad side as well since it tends to smear and attach itself to any fabric it comes in contact with. Although getting rid of a lipstick stain can be tedious and time-consuming, it is possible to remove it as long as you act quickly and don’t let the lipstick sit on the fabric for too long.
- Use a soft cloth to blot up as much of the excess lipstick as you can. Do not rub, as this will only smear the lipstick even more.
- Blot the stained area with a sponge slightly dampened in cold water to prevent the lipstick stain from setting. If it is possible, hold the fabric with the stain facing down under cold, running water. This should push most of the lipstick out of the fabric, according to cleaning Benhilton experts.
- Apply a squirt of dish soap directly to the affected area and gently rub it into the fabric. Wait for a few minutes then rinse the area thoroughly with cold water. Instead of dish soap, you can also use hairspray or commercial stain remover.
- If the lipstick stain remains, pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a clean cloth and blot the stain until it is completely removed.
- Finally, launder the fabric in your washing machine on cold water setting. Make sure the stain is removed before using the dryer.
For more tips on how to get rid of lipstick stains, feel free to call cleaners Benhilton.